Did you know the Piper Optimist Club...
- Meets the second Wednesday evening of the month, has over 50 members, and is growing.
- Annually donates over $7000.00 to support Piper School District activities including athletics, Piper Band, College Scholarships, Odyssey of the Minds, Piper Grad Night and Summer Youth Sports.
- Sponsors and organizes a basketball league for over 220Piper Grade School boys and girls.
- Sponsors and organizes a volleyball league for over 130 Piper Grade School girls.
- Organizes or participates in a variety of other fund raising activities such as youth sports, Breakfast with Santa, Halloween Party, Mito What 5K Run, and Big 12 sporting events.
Meeting the needs of young people in communities worldwide, Optimist Clubs have been "Bringing Out the Best in Kids" since 1919. Optimist Clubs conduct positive service projects aimed at providing a helping hand to youth. Club Members are best known in their communities for their upbeat attitudes. By believing in young people and empowering them to be the best they can, Optimist volunteers continually make this world a better place to live. There are 105,000 individual Members who belong to more than 3,200 autonomous Clubs. Optimists conduct 65,000 service projects each year, serving six million young people. Optimists also spend $78 million on their communities annually.
Learn more about Optimist Club International