Piper Optimist Club
Who We Are
Members of the Optimist Club of Piper are men of all ages and backgrounds. We are affiliated with Optimist International, an international service organization of similar goals. We are a hands-on club that rolls up its sleeves instead of sitting on the sidelines. We believe that, through young people, we can influence the future by encouraging good academics, citizenship, a love of sports and sportsmanship, and an optimistic view of life. As a club member, you will have lots of opportunities to make a real difference in a young person’s life. You might be a league sports coach, a scorekeeper or an announcer. Or, you might judge an essay contest. We finance our programs through donations and other “fun” fund raising events.
Friend of Youth
That is the motto of the Optimist Club of Piper. Since 1969, we have provided local young people with opportunities to grow and have fun which many would not have been able to experience otherwise.
The Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.